What is Solar PV?
Solar (PV) Photovoltaic systems use the sun’s energy to create free, clean, no emissions electricity. The solar power generated feeds directly into your existing electricity system and is used in exactly the same way.
Solar panel electricity systems, capture the sun’s energy using photovoltaic cells. These cells don’t need direct sunlight to work – they can still generate some electricity on a cloudy day. The cells convert the sunlight into electricity, which can be used to run household appliances and lighting.
In addition to being environmentally friendly and saving you money on your energy bills, the introduction of the Government incentives Feed-In Tariff scheme to encourage the use of green energy technology has also made Solar PV systems an extremely attractive investment.
With the Feed-in Tariff, you will be paid for every unit of electricity that your system generates, whether you use it all or export to the National Grid. The scheme means that your roof can now generate clean energy as well as a tax-free income guaranteed by the Government for 20 years.
Current Tariffs shown below;
|Solar PV||<10kW||4.14 p/kWh|
* Export tariff of 5.03 p/kWh for all installations with an eligibility date on or before 31 March 2018.
The benefits of Solar PV
- Cut your electricity bills. Sunlight is free, so once you’ve paid for the initial installation, your electricity costs will be reduced.
- Get paid for the electricity you generate. The UK government’s Feed-in Tariff scheme pays you for the electricity you generate, even if you use it.
- Sell electricity back to the grid. You will also receive another payment for the electricity you export through the Feed-in Tariff scheme.
- Savings; For every unit of your own electricity you use you will be paid the Generation Tariff while saving the 12-14p /unit you would have had to pay to your electricity provider.
- Cut your carbon footprint. Solar electricity is green renewable energy and doesn’t release any harmful carbon dioxide or other pollutants. A typical home solar PV system could save around 1.5 to 2 tonnes of carbon per year.
We cover all areas below.
Acaster, Malbis, Acklam, Appleton, Wiske, Bagby, Barlow, Binsoe, Burn, Burn, Selby, Carlton, Carlton, Moor, Catterick, Church, Fenton, Clifton, Copmanthorpe, Croft, Dalton, Dishforth, Dotterel, Dunkeswick, Dunsley, East, Heslerton, East, Moor, Elvington, Fadmoor, Felixkirk, Filey, Sands, Gilling, Husthwaite, Keepers, Cottage, Kettleness, Kirkbymoorside, Kirkleatham, Knavesmire, Leeming, Linton, On, Ouse, Marske, Marston, Moor, Menthorpe, Gate, Middleton, St, George, Murton, Nunthorpe, Pickering, Plainville, Redcar, Riccall, Sandy, Flats, Scalby, Mills, Scorton, Sherburn, In, Elmet, Shipton, Skipton, On, Swale, South, Otterington, Sutton, Bank, Thirsk, Tholthorpe, Thornaby, Topcliffe, Welburn, West, Ayton, Wombleton, Yearby, York. and much more